Tuesday, September 23, 2008

4 months old!

Hello All!

Amelia is growing so fast, learning so much and is so much fun! At her 4 month pediatrician appointment she weighed 15.8 lbs, was 25.5 inches long and got a whole mess of shots. :( She has started eating solids (cereal first followed by Oatmeal, Squash, Peas, Prunes, Carrots, Green Beans and now Applesauce). We tried each solid for 3 days! She really didn’t seem to care for Squash or carrots, as we will try them again at a later date. Prunes and Green Beans seem to be her favorite so far. She still LOVES her bottle (as she still drinks 30-35 oz per day…will be hard to reduce when it comes to that) She is such a fiend for her bottle we have to hide it while feeding her solids or she will throw herself at it lol. Once the bottle is in her possession she can hold it on her own as long as she is lying down.

She is also starting to laugh more and more and it is hilarious! She will lay on Daddy’s chest and he will raise his head up and say Ahhchooo at her face…she will giggle and giggle Also, yesterday I brought her exersaucer out on the back patio to hang outside while I sat next to her throwing the ball for the dogs. Well, every time Aria would bring the tennis ball to me she would laugh so hard and I would laugh so hard at her. It was so much fun! I even made phone calls to let people hear. What a happy baby she is :).

Her Mimi, Brent, and I have working diligently on getting her to reach for out for you to pick her up and she is starting to catch on quite well. We are trying the wave now…not too interested lol.

She has been turning her little self over these days but she was keeping it from us. She seemed to only do this while in her crib or while doing tummy time and we have to remember….did I put her on her tummy or back…hmmmm. But she has finally been caught :)

She enjoys stroller time esp since she has graduated to big girl stroller instead of car seat snapped into the stroller. So instead of being forced to look at Mommy, she can now look at everything around her and she certainly takes it all in.

Also, for being a 4month old child (almost 5 months I guess) she enjoys story time. The other night before bed I was reading her a story and she sat there contently looking at the pages while chewing on her hand. Well, when I finished, she started to fuss and so I read another story and she sat there contently watching each page for that one too. Amazing .

Everyday is something new and fun and I tell ya….Brent and I are madly in love with this little gal :)

~Angela

2 comments:

Dana said...

Wow, Angela she is so beautiful and she looks so happy. I can not believe how much she has grown. I know you guys are great parents I am sure she is getting spoiled regularly...
Dana

Jessica R said...

I just love her smile! What a model ;)

Jessica